Monday 21 November 2022

I have contributed my first project to GitHub. It was my attempt to get a fast version to solve this problem. I submitted it to the guy behind the spreadsheet of the various projects, but have not heard back from him. In truth, it may not be worthy of submission by his standards as it probably doesn't feature anything innovative. It is outputting on my computer in 70ms 60ms at startup and 50ms 40ms after the CPU's are engaged. Regardless of whether it ranks among the other submissions, it is what it is: a waste of time unless I share it, and the stark absence of any C# versions prompts me to think it may have some worth. (It isn't a waste of time, I learnt a lot and am happy I done it. It also allowed me to create an efficient anagram program. But what do you do with a program that does this? It doesn't have the general interest of an anagram program. It's real interest is as a teaching tool. That's what gives it value.)

As ridiculous as my username is at GitHub, it has to do with something I just randomly inserted one time as I had other motives for signing up to GitHub. I don't remember what they were. I consider changing it to a more serious Kittycat-the-Barbarian or Kitty-the-Barbarian, but Kittens-the-Barbarian is actually like a spin on an old username I had (Professor_Kittens) so it stays.



https://github.com/Kittens-the-Barbarian/FiveWordProblem

No comments:

Post a Comment